"Terminal" exits immediately in xfce

anirudh vij anirudhvij at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 05:55:55 PDT 2007

hi,
I have xfce with all recommended packages installed.Everything works fine
except for this small problem.
When i open Terminal(the xfce emulator)as normal user,it shuts down
immediately after starting(i.e. i only see a flash).

It works fine when i open it as superuser.I know that it seems like an
access priveldes problem,but so far as i can determine,it is'nt.A terminalrc
file exists in normal user's ~/.config/Terminal with the following rights:

-rw-r--r-- 1 hackman 1000 2286 Apr  5 19:48 .config/Terminal/terminalrc

Presently i've been working around the problem by associating the icon click
with the command "Terminal --command="su - hackman" rather than just
"Terminal".But this is'nt the rioght solution.
The xfce forums did not  have information in this particular regard.