creating sym-links to fedora /usr/lib

anirudh vij anirudhvij at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 03:39:32 PDT 2007

thanks simon,
tried your suggestion.This was the output

 /home/hackmanbash-3.1# vi /etc/ld.so.conf
/home/hackmanbash-3.1# /sbin/ldconfig
bash-3.1# /mnt/sda3/usr/bin/evince
/mnt/sda3/usr/bin/evince: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.6:
 /home/hackmanbash-3.1# ldd /mnt/sda3/usr/bin/evince
/bin/sh: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by
/mnt/sda3/usr/lib/libreadline.so.5)
/bin/sh: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by
/mnt/sda3/usr/lib/libhistory.so.5)
/bin/sh: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by
/mnt/sda3/usr/lib/libncursesw.so.5)
 /home/hackmanbash-3.1# cat /etc/ld.so.conf
# Begin /etc/ld.so.conf
/usr/local/lib
/opt/lib
/usr/lib/InsightToolkit