Firefox 2.0 with BLFS 6.2

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 3 06:25:50 PDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 12:43:04AM -0700, Scott Czepiel wrote:
> One problem fixed:  found xft.pc in /usr/X11R6/lib64/pkgconfig and needed to
> add this to PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
>
> Next problem:  multiple link errors in gtk2xtbin.o.  I wonder if this is an
> x86_64 issue or it could relate to the --enable-canvas option.  Will try
> more tomorrow.

 If you are on multilib, there is every chance that you are mixing
32-bit and 64-bit code.  For gnome stuff, you will also need to
consider how to access the correct pango modules and aliases, and
the correct gdk-pixbuf-csource, gtk-query-immodules.  Plus,
gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders needs to run *both* sizes when it is
executed (at run-time).  For multilib gnome, you will also need to
access any 32-bit bonobo servers from the 64-bit servers directory
once 64-bit libbonobo is installed.  Fortunately, I've found no
reason to build bi-arch kde, that all works fine as 64-bit, even on
ppc64.  My solutions are not exactly the same as what is in cblfs,
so you may prefer to follow that completely.  Either way, multilib
is probably best discussed in clfs-support - the bottom line is that
a multilib desktop can work nicely, but there is a lot of pain along
the way, some of the details change when packages are updated, and
you may have to throw away your first couple of attempts.

 If you aren't on multilib, you _really_ don't want lib64 in your
system - apart from popt, presence of lib64 on non-multilib is
usually down to user error, or perhaps a side-effect of trying to
use proprietary video drivers.

ĸen