Gimp and the ldconfig command

Kevin Annies anniesk at coventry.ac.uk
Mon Apr 2 09:40:15 PDT 2007

Hi,

This is just a simple question of curiosity.

When I installed Gimp, when attempting to run the 'gimp' command the command failed and output a message indicating it cannot find its shared libaries. After tying numerous options, i typed the 'ldconfig' command. This seemed to fix the problem. I was wondering why this is the case as I don't recall needing to modify the ld.so.conf.

Any comments are appreciated.

Regards
Kevin

NOTICE

This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the addressee only and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coventry University.