To Indiana LFS'ers

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 17:38:39 PST 2006

On 3/31/06, Archaic <archaic at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 07:21:23PM -0600, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> >
> > Is there a Reader's Digest Condensed version that can explain it
> > for folks in Texas?
>
> Yes, ignore if not living in Indiana. :) Indiana has several oddities
> concerning timezone laws. Those laws have again changed. If you don't
> have timezone files that are aware of the change you have to find a way
> to fix the problem. I presented 3 ways.

I grew up in Chicago and we used to drive down to Indianapolis in the
spring, crossing the jagged timezone line many times.  I never could
figure out why it didn't just follow a straight line like the state
border.  Thanks for clearing up this odd situation (not that the
motives are any clearer). :-)

--
Dan