Glib-1.2.10

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 14:56:50 PST 2006

On 3/29/06, Henry christenson <exvor0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> after applying the patch to glib-1.2.10
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
> <normal stuff>
> checking host system type... Invalid configureation
> 'x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': Machine 'x86_64-unknown' not recongnized

BLFS is not tested on x86_64, so don't expect everything will work
there for you.  If you're lucky, someone else has put info on the Wiki
concerning non-x86 arches or mutilib.

> checkeing build system type... Invalid configuration
> 'x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu' : machine 'x86_64-unknown' not recognized

One concern is that glib-1.2.10 has long since been maintained.  I may
be wrong here, but you may just have to replace config.guess and
config.sub with more recent ones.  Unpack your binutils tarball and
copy config.guess and config.sub over the ones in glib-1.2.10.  In
fact, you should keep these files handy because this situation may
arise again.

That's all the help I can provide because I don't have an x86_64.

--
Dan

P.S.  Please don't top post.