Recommended Permissions for files residing in /etc/skel (eg .bash_profile etc)

Dan Winkler cryptoniks at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 29 12:08:58 PST 2006

I know how to use chmod thats not a problem.

I however am wondering what would be the best suggested permissions for the
files in /etc/skel

I first built the .bash_profile .vimrc .bashrc  etc with ~/. then also did
it a second time changing the output to /etc/skel

the book makes mention of needing to change the permissions on the files.
for proper interaction as it applies to adding a user to the system.

and forgive my semi noobness but im not sure as to what i should set these
to. =/

Thanx in advance for your input.
Dan