Firefox and Thunderbird do not follow links
bish at airtelbroadband.in
Tue Mar 28 19:20:34 PST 2006
On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 11:49:06AM -0600, John Gnew wrote:
> When I am in Firefox and click a sendto e-mail link, nothing
> happens in Thunderbird or anywhere else.
> When I am in Thunderbird and click a web link, nothing
> happens in Firefox.
> Since both of these products are configured and installed in
> a similar fashion, I am probably missing something simple to
> make this work correctly.
---end quoted text--
This is what I did to make these two talk:
A] To use any mailer with firefox:
1. type "about:config" (without the quotation marks) in the
URL field in firefox to open the firefox configuration pag e
2. right click -> new -> string
3. type "network.protocol-handler.app.mailto", and for the
value use "/patht/to/thunderbird",
B] To have Forefox work from Thunderbird links:
1. Ref: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/linuxurls.html
2. Additional configuration is necessary to have web url's in
Thunderbird link back to Firefox. It requires editing
the prefs.js file in your Thunderbird profile (look in
~/.mozilla-thunderbird, and drill down to find this file).
3. After making certain Thunderbird is not running, add the
line Codei, to the file and save:
4. After restarting Thunderbird, urls in html mail should
bring up the link in Firefox.
More information about the blfs-support