Firefox and Thunderbird do not follow links

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Mar 28 11:24:02 PST 2006

John Gnew wrote these words on 03/28/06 12:52 CST:

> Both products do not match BLFS instructions.

Yes, they do! :-)

> Maybe in some installs
> these preference names are present

No, they are not present in any install. I believe you rushed through
the material too quickly, John, and overlooked the instructions. Here
is what it says:

"If your Window or Desktop Manager does not allow you to configure a
default mail client, you can add a configuration parameter to Firefox
so that an email client will start when you click on a mailto:  URL."

Notice it says you have to *add* a parameter. The instructions later
tell you what parameters need to be added and how to add it.

> Now Firefox and Thunderbird work correctly for me. Thanks for getting me
> pointed in the right direction to figure this out.

Glad we could help out and you got it all straightened out.

--
Randy

13:20:00 up 3 days, 1:57, 6 users, load average: 0.01, 0.05, 0.01