Firefox and Thunderbird do not follow links

John Gnew john_linux at verizon.net
Tue Mar 28 10:52:28 PST 2006

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> Read the configuration sections in the SVN Thunderbird and Firefox
> instructions. You'll see instructions how to do what you are trying
> to do.

Both products do not match BLFS instructions. Maybe in some installs
these preference names are present but not in mine, Firefox is looking
for network.protocol-handler.app.mailto and Thunderbird is looking for
network.protocol-handler.app.http.

Neither product has their corresponding configuration preference name.

Thunderbird and Firefox both start with
network.protocol-handler.expose-all as the first alphabetical entry for
network.protocol-handler*.

What I had to do was, once in the configuration sections for each
product, right click and select "new" to add the new preference name as
a string, and then the value.

Now Firefox and Thunderbird work correctly for me. Thanks for getting me
pointed in the right direction to figure this out.

John