Fresh OOo-2.0 install cannot save documents or add printer

Alonso Graterol alonso.graterol at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 03:46:35 PST 2006

I solved the printing problem. I do not have cups installed but did
not configure OOo with PPDs neither because I already have the one I
need.

What I found is that --without-ppd flag makes the install not to copy
a base file SGENPRT.PS that manage printer definitions and settings.
Whitout this file you cannot preserve printer settings even if you
import a ppd file.

I have a LFS 6.1 with gcc-3.4.3, glib-2.6.4 and jdk-1.5.0_06. I'm not
sure about native file picker.

I only applied the patch for jdk-1.5.0 and the bsh-2.04b update
published at BLSF svn, downloaded from there.

I'm still having the saving problem. I opened an issue at
qa.openoffice.org (#63646 if you want to take a look)

Thanks,

Alonso