GTK2 SVG Support

Andrew Benton b3nt at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 03:06:34 PST 2006

Lennon Cook wrote:
> I am attempting to recompile GTK2 to enable SVG support, which I
> somehow managed to disable a little while ago. What packages do I need
> to do this? Common sense says that it would need librsvg, but this is
> installed, but doesn't seem to tell GTK this. How, exactly, does one
> convince GTK that SVGs *are* images?

When you install librsvg it should alter /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders
and add some lines like this at the bottom

"/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders/svg_loader.so"
"svg" 2 "gtk20" "Scalable Vector Graphics"
"image/svg+xml" "image/svg" "image/svg-xml" "image/vnd.adobe.svg+xml"
"text/xml-svg" ""
"svg" "svgz" "svg.gz" ""
" <svg" "*    " 100
" <!DOCTYPE svg" "*             " 100