Xorg 6.8.2 to Xorg 7?

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 16:54:25 PST 2006

On 3/25/06, Dan McGhee <beesnees at grm.net> wrote:
> Luca Dionisi wrote:
> > the old things. I'm installing it in /opt/xorg-develop.
> >
> Again, my memory could be faulty, but I think I remember that the Xorg
> documentaton says to uninstall older versions of Xorg first.  I didn't
> have this situation because I build Xorg on a fresh LFS build.

Thanks for your advice.
Anyway, I've done some "hacking" about the environment variables.
I think I've obtained a "test environment" where the
files from the old version won't get in the picture.

Now I'm getting errors from the RADEON driver. It seems so, looking
at the Xorg.log file.
I'm getting those errors not always at the same time, but they do make
my machine hang up very quickly.

--Luca