Problems with fonts and UIs

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 24 05:40:11 PST 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Alexander Solano wrote:

> Alexander Solano wrote:
>> Installing BLFS SVN 20060321 (LFS SVN 20060322), Xorg 6.9.0

>> Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
>> from list!
>> FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is 2, should be
>> 1; fixing.

  Just for the record, those messages seem normal to me!  I only notice
the refcount message on my ppc64 because everything else has moved to a
graphical login, but I'm sure I've seen them on the other boxes.  It
doesn't seem to cause any problems.

  For me, the CID message is expected because I think I stopped building
them ages ago - a quick look shows the directory does exist, but only
contains fonts.dir and fonts.scale.

  Glad you resolved the problem.

Ken