Xorg 6.8.2 to Xorg 7?

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Fri Mar 24 03:34:50 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 21:12 -0300, Leonardo Lazzaro wrote:
> Ah! I want to install Xorg 7 to try the Xgl from novell.( or at least
> try it).
> I have an Ati card with the fgrlx drivers (8.20.8 are the best) so
> meabe someone have already done it. If yes please reply me with the
> experience.

I've been trying that myself lately, with a marked lack of success at
getting it to build - all the available docs indicate a particular CVS
version of xorg-server should be used rather than the released tarballs,
but I get compile errors on that even without Xgl. I've a few ideas left
to try, but not sure when I'll get a chance to try them.

If you want to try for yourself though, get 7.0 working with the
standard server first. You'll not get anywhere trying to do the upgrade
*and* make Xgl work at the same time.

Simon.