Xorg 6.8.2 to Xorg 7?

Leonardo Lazzaro lazzaroleonardo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 16:12:57 PST 2006

Hi,
 first i am new to list so meabe my questions are already answered so sorry
for that.
second i am spanish speaking so my english sucks.
third the questions!
fourth thanks to all

third:
first is that i want to upgrade my Xorg 6.8.9 to Xorg 7 but i have many
questions
(I have a LFS 6.1.1 and some packages from BLFS 6.1 )
1)If I install Xorg 7 like the instructions in BLFS SVN but with my Xorg
6.8.9 already installed could it cause some problems?
2)IF I instal Xorg 7 I have to rebuild some other packages like KDE,QT,etc?
3)Could i uninstall Xorg 6.8.9 in case i have to do it to install Xorg 7?

Other questions :
I have an user that when trying to su root gives this messagge
su: Have exhausted maximum number of retries for service.Sorry
I know its must be something with pam.d but i dont know how to "reset" tries
...if that is the problem.

Ah! I want to install Xorg 7 to try the Xgl from novell.( or at least try
it).
I have an Ati card with the fgrlx drivers (8.20.8 are the best) so meabe
someone have already done it. If yes please reply me with the experience.

Thanks a lot!
Leonardo