Fresh OOo-2.0 install cannot save documents or add printer

Alonso Graterol alonso.graterol at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 10:35:24 PST 2006

I just finished building OOo-2.0.2 from source according to
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/xsoft/openoffice.html
adapted for 2.0.2 version.

I've used OOo-1.1.4 in Slackware before so first thing I tried was to
set up a printer. To my surprise spadmin did not allow me to install
anything. The generic printer did not show up either. Looking at the
share/psprint folder I noticed there was no driver subfolder so I
copied from the 1.1.4 install to 2.0.2 the driver subfolder plus
GENERIC.PS file. Now I can select a printer and modify some settings
but once I'm done with spadmin printer and settings dissapear.
whatever OOo application I want to print with complains there is no
default printer defined. Going back to spadmin confirms such reality.
Where does OOo saves printer selection and settings?

 Besides that, any application would not let me save any document
(writer, calc, impress, etc) for the first time (Save as
functionality). Dialog shows up but there is only a screen blink when
clicking save button and filename dissapears and dialog remain open
but that's it. Saving an existent document is flawlessly though. Any
ideas?

Thanks,

Alonso