.la files in /opt/Foo

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Thu Mar 23 01:36:56 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 06:25 -0600, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> You can't expect the developers to compare their software against
> what other software does. We can only expect that the developers
> adequately document what their software does, and how to use it. And
> in this case, I believe they do.

Well, to be fair, they document what their software does in terms that
make sense to someone who needs to use their software, i.e other
developers.

That's how it should be since those are the people it's targeted at, but
it's hard to appreciate what something like libtool does if you've never
struggled with making something portable between, say, Linux, AIX, HP-UX
and Windows.

Simon.