gnome-icon-themes.pc location

Hugo Villeneuve hugo at hugovil.com
Sat Mar 18 15:26:46 PST 2006

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:53:51 -0600
Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Hugo Villeneuve wrote these words on 03/18/06 16:45 CST:
>
> >   I installed Gnome Icon Themes 2.12.1, and noticed that the pkgconfig file, "gnome-icon-themes.pc", is installed in "/usr/share/pkgconfig". This caused problems when I tried to install libgnomeprintui-2.12.1 later as it could not find "gnome-icon-themes.pc".
> >
> >   I know how to solve the problem, [snip]
>
> This was discussed not too long ago, and it appears that more and
> more packages are moving to /usr/share/pkgconfig for installation of
> .pc files. This directory is a standard directory searched by the
> pkg-config program. You can search the -dev archives for the very
> detailed discussion on this subject.

Hi Randy,
  I was still using pkgconfig-0.15.0, and in this version "/usr/share/pkgconfig" was not in the default search path. I installed pkg-config-0.20 and there is no more errors.

  I didn't search the BLFS archives because there is no global search functionality. I'm lazy and I hate to have to download the whole archive each time I want to search for something. I think it would be a good thing to add a search box to search through all the messages.

  Hugo Villeneuve.