startx automatically with LFS

Richard A Downing richard at langside.org.uk
Fri Mar 17 09:53:10 PST 2006

Rik Potts wrote:
> sorry, I did intend on saying in my forst post that I have tried this.
>
> On the command line it boots to it just says it has entered init level 5 instead of 3. No other change.

Of course not.  In order to make init level 5 do something you will need
to add some level 5 instructions to inittab.

Try man inittab and consider what you want to run instead of getty to
get KDM or GDM to run.  Then start looking at the symlinks in /etc/rc5.d
to decide what else you need starting and stopping.

R.