Slrn-0.9.8.1

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 12:35:27 PST 2006

On 3/16/06, Richard A Downing <richard at langside.org.uk> wrote:

> The first error is for a declaration:
>    SLsearch_Type st;
> but I can't find ANY declaration of SLsearch_Type in any file of the
> source.  My limited and ancient C gave out at that point.

Judging by the name, I'm guessing it's an SLang function, and the API
has probably changed since slrn-0.9.8.1 released Oct. 2004.  Yeah, I
found it in slang-2.0.5/src/slang.h.  Browsing the CVS of slrn, it
looks like someone by the name of JED submitted a bunch of patches for
slang 2 support.  I think this is the one you're choking on:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/slrn/slrn/src/art.c?r1=1.66&r2=1.67

Maybe we should see what the distros have done.  I.e., let's see if we
can rip off a patch instead of grovelling through the CVS to figure
out what's absolutely relavant.

Richard, could you open a bug for this?  It seems legitimate.

--
Dan