Blurred LCD screen on Xorg 7?

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 14 00:21:18 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 22:36 +1300, Simon Geard wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 20:21 -0600, DJ Lucas wrote:
> > I also know that it's intermittent, but does the behaviour occur in any
> > other modes?  Of course, this requires a config change, or is it not
> > worth the trouble to try and reproduce it that way?
>
> Ok, I can give that a try - particularly some of the smaller widescreen
> modes like 1400x1050 and 1280x960 in case it's the widescreen thing
> that's confusing it.

Hmm... interesting. I've been unable to replicate the problem for any
other resolution, only for native.

However, I *do* notice that when I try to set the resolution to
1400x1050 (a supported resolution listed by xrandr), the monitor tells
me it's actually running in 1680x1050 (not on the list). This one I can
reproduce on my normal desktop too, unlike the other problem. No big
deal since I rarely run it in non-native modes, but interesting.

Simon.