Xorg7

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 12 19:22:00 PST 2006

Steven wrote:
> I'm working with Xorg 7 and not having much luck.
>
> I issue the ./configure then the make and all I'm getting back is:
>
> make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
>
> For each and every package in the proto directory.  This obviously isn't
> right but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what specifically isn't right.

Actually it is correct if you are using the script placed at the top of
the page...however I did leave the make command in the individual
instructions where I shouldn't have.  The proto packages are just header
files that need to be installed, so nothing to build.  Thanks for
bringing it to my attention.  Fixing shortly with several other typos
and more decriptive text.  Also, let me save you some trouble with what
is currently in the book.  The 17 libraries mentioned are not the only
libraries that must be built.  If in doubt, build everything (except the
drivers).

-- DJ Lucas