Xorg7

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Sun Mar 12 01:06:28 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 20:26 +0500, Steven wrote:
> I'm working with Xorg 7 and not having much luck.
>
> I issue the ./configure then the make and all I'm getting back is:
>
> make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
>
> For each and every package in the proto directory.  This obviously isn't
> right but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what specifically isn't right.

No, that sounds about right. All the proto packages are pretty trivial,
containing only some header files - there's not actually anything to
build, so the make script reports that. For similar reason, 'configure'
produces only a few lines, instead of the usual hundreds.

Note though - that applies only to the proto packages. If you see the
same thing happening on apps and libraries, it's almost certainly a
problem.

Simon.