fontconfig build error even with "--disable-docs"

Hugo Villeneuve hugo at hugovil.com
Mon Mar 6 21:37:13 PST 2006

Hi,
  My docbook installation is broken, and fontconfig reported an error during compilation, in the "fc-cache" and "fc-list" subdirectories when calling docbook2man. So I try re-installing fontconfig by using the "--disable-docs" switch, but another error appeared: the build system was still trying to regenerate the man-pages in the "fc-cache" and "fc-list" subdirectories, because the pre-generated ones are not present in the source distribution.

  The attached patch fixes that problem by providing pre-generated "fc-cache.1" and "fc-list.1" man pages, which I was able to generate myself after a long process...

Hugo Villeneuve.