IBM 1GB Microdrive problem on (B)LFS

randhir phagura rsphagura at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 6 06:47:45 PST 2006

Hi,

I am working on lfs-SVN-20051127 and blfs-.svn-20051101. The system is
Compaq Presario P-III laptop. I have IBM 1GB Microdrive mounted at the usb
port through SanDisk adapter. I want to install the latest 'lfs-svn' on the
microdrive. The drive is detected as /dev/sda and I have created an ext3
filesystem on it. the fdisk /dev/sda shows:
/dev/sda1               1        1014     1051487+  83  Linux

After mounting /dev/sda1 on /mnt/lfs, I have created the directory
/mnt/lfs/tools. So far so good.

After sometime, during the installation of binutils-2.16.1-pass 1, the drive
/dev/sda disappears and is not detected.

Request for help to solve this problem please.

Thanks

RSP