Blurred LCD screen on Xorg 7?

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Mon Mar 6 02:50:28 PST 2006

Hi all...

I've been playing for a while with a system running Xorg 7.0, as opposed
to 6.8.1 running on my regular partition. I'm finding that frequently
when I login, the screen (a Dell 2405 LCD) seems out of focus - not
always, but more often than not. Fiddling with the auto-adjust on the
monitor tends to improve it, but never to the same sharpness I get on my
regular system.

Anyone have any idea what might cause this? The Monitor sections of
xorg.conf are the same in both cases, including the modeline that tells
it how to do 1920x1200. Device section is the same. Screen section is
mostly the same, apart from not specifying Modes for each depth (it
defaults to the right resolution without them).

Simon.