Digital Camera with a pure UDEV (no Hotplug) setup.

Sebastián Ferrara shaf_ar at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Mar 2 23:44:34 PST 2006

El  Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:27:33 +0000
Richard A Downing <richard at langside.org.uk> escribió:

>Does anyone know how to set up such a system for gphoto2 (not
>usb-storage)?  Any hints would be very welcome.  Udevmonitor output
>below.
>
>Thanks, R.

Sorry for my english.

My camera is working on a LFS/BLFS 6.0 using only udev. It's a Kodak
camera (ie: use the ptp protocol). I installed gphoto2. The relevant
line from fstab is:

usbfs           /proc/bus/usb   usbfs   devgid=14,devmode=0660  0 0

The users who use the camera were added to the usb group (gid: 14).

I didn't have to do anything else.

--
Sebastian Ferrara