Libpng Errors

Alberto Hernando pajaro.go at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 02:15:09 PST 2006

El Jueves, 2 de Marzo de 2006 11:00, Lord Igtenio escribió:
> I even went so far as to add
> /usr/include to the PATH and PKG_CONFIG
> variables, thinking that'd help locate it, but it
> didn't do any good.
>
> Any other ideas on what could be
> going on?

Hi.

Some days ago, I had a similar problem. My packages couldn't find libpng, but
it was installed. It seemed that pkg-config wasn't working well. I did a link
between /usr/lib/pkgconfig and /us/lib/pkg-config. I know that you can define
variables for that, but recently the name changed. I'm not sure, but perhaps
some packages have one of those names hardcoded and it fails. You can't lose
anything if you try, but for me it solved all my problems of this kind.

	Alberto