Errors Building FontConfig 2.2.2

Michael Kipper mkipper at rogers.com
Sat Oct 30 20:57:54 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley <jeremy at jutley.org> wrote in
news:41828975.80704 at jutley.org:

> Because your headers are not in the proper locations to be found.
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH only affects library searching.  You're going to have
> to pass -I/home/mkipper/usr/include into the build so it can properly
> locate your expat libraries.  But, I wonder why you chose to install
> expat into your user account, instead of system-wide.
>
> -J-

I didn't choose to install it here, I am forced to.
The flash box is running Debian, and the *NIX admin will only apt-get
packages, and won't even do that unless he has to. I'm using my shell to
run CVS, as well as doxygen, which requires graphviz, which requires
fontconfig, which requires expat (whew).
So I was forced to build all this from scratch in my own $HOME dir.

In any event,

$ CPPFLAGS="-I$HOME/usr/include" LDFLAGS="-L$HOME/usr/lib" \
  ./configure --prefix=$HOME/usr

worked, so thanks all!

Michael