xorg - Xnest

Andrew Benton andy at benton987.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Oct 29 15:25:32 PDT 2004

Hello people,
I've built LFS with the 2.6.9.1 linux-libc-headers. XFree86-4.4.0 (which
I used to use) won't build against these headers but xorg-6.8.1 will.
However, xorg has an annoying bug whenever I build it. When I log in as
root in a nested window, if I open two applications (eg nautilus and a
terminal) I have trouble getting the one from behind to come to the
front. Normally I can just click on the bit that's showing and it comes
to the front. But not with xorg. Or rather, not when I compile xorg. It
works fine in Slackware 10 which uses xorg-6.7.0 so it must be possible.
I must be doing something wrong. This is the host.def I use to compile xorg

#define HasFreetype2		YES
#define HasFontconfig		YES
#define HasExpat		YES
#define HasLibpng		YES