problema with glibc-2.3.3

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Wed Oct 27 04:36:31 PDT 2004

robinlinux wrote:

> Hi all i have the problem with installation of glibc version 2.3.3.
>
> I launch this command to compile:
> ../glibc-2.3.3/configure --prefix=/tools --dosable-profile
> --enable-add-ons --with-headers=/tools/include
> --with-binutils=/tools/bin --without-gd
>
> and the error that appears is this:
> checking size of long double... configure: error: cannot compute
> sizeof (long double), 77
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> I attach to this mail my config.log file.
>
> Thanks for your support

Don't build LFS 5.1.1 with Fedora core 2 - if you look at your
config.log output, the key is the line that states:

Unrecognized option --as-needed

Put this into the LFS search engine and you'll find many references to
this issue.

Next time please try to do a little research before asking the list, please?

-J-