LFS 6.0 + X.org 6.8.1 + Qt 3.3.3 = Segfault

Magnus Larsson magnus.larsson.k at bredband.net
Tue Oct 26 13:27:39 PDT 2004

Laurens Blankers wrote:

>  > The root cause was wrong, or rather the lack of, Fontconfig
>  > configuration information in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf and
>  > /etc/fonts/local.conf
>
> That solved my problem. Thanks a lot!
>
> But how did you figure out that this was the problem?
>
> Laurens

Hello again Laurens,

I built the gnu debugger, gdb, rebuilt qt using --enable-debug and started
the Qt program using gdb. The qt program segfaulted (in gdb). The bt
(backtrace) command listed a "No such file or directory" warning referring
to a LoadFontConfigFont call. (I have deleted the original logfile.)

gdb ./qdir
(gdb) run
(gdb) bt

best regards,