LFS 6.0 + X.org 6.8.1 + Qt 3.3.3 = Segfault

Laurens Blankers laurens.blankers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 05:51:15 PDT 2004

Hi list,

My base system is LFS 6.0-testing-20040913, I build both X.org and Qt
according to the instructions in BLFS svn-200409* (except for the
version of X.org).

When I try to start a Qt program is immediatly segfaults:

</opt/qt3/bin> ./designer
Segmentation fault
</opt/qt3/bin>

Strangly enough I have no problem with building kdelibs and kdebase
although once build all kde programs segfault just like the qt ones do.

The problem appears to be similar to:

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/lfs-hackers/2004-April/000940.html

I haven't tried recompiling glibc or binutils because my base system is
very similar (except for a lot of textual typo and style fixes) to LFS
6.0-final.

I don't know if this matters, but I am not running X.org as a screen
server local, but am using TightVNC and Hummingbird Exceed 9.0 for Windows.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sincerly,

Laurens