j2sdk and openoffice on latest unstable

Gregory Davis gregdavis at ieee.org
Sun Oct 24 19:52:41 PDT 2004

Archaic wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 10:47:43PM -0600, Nathan Coulson wrote:
>
> I'm getting failures of a different type and from a different host, but
> just for the record, what version of OOo are you building? You said the
> latest BLFS, so I'm assuming 1.1.2? If so, there is a 1.1.3 out there.
> If you use that, the no-pam patch has one occurence of libpam.so that
> needs changed to libpam.so.0 to work apply.

The libXp failed dependency is because Xprint is no longer built in Xorg
(see host.def).  The binaries from OpenOffice, Mozilla, and Java are all
linked against it, thus they no longer load.  Also, compiling with
gcc-3.4.x causes stricter adherence to ISO C/C++ than the developers of
those projects had followed, so compilation of those projects is broken
(except maybe Mozilla, havn't tried in a while).

Greg