x.org + GTK + Nvidia driver weird interaction?

Matthias B. msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Sun Oct 24 11:28:10 PDT 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 10:25:27 -0500 Chris Macksey
<c_macksey at spamSPAMspamitySPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

> Well, it all depends on how I want to assign blame :)

I suggest you recompile everything with debug info (assuming you've
stripped your stuff as the LFS book, unfortunately, suggests), then run
one of the problematic programs under gdb and when the segfault occurs you
use the backtrace command. That'll show you in which function in which
source file the invalid access occurred and the package to which the
respective source file belongs is a good target for assigning blame.

MSB

--
A man without light need not fear darkness.