x.org + GTK + Nvidia driver weird interaction?

Matthias B. msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Sun Oct 24 11:27:39 PDT 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 10:27:58 -0500 Chris Macksey
<c_macksey at spamSPAMspamitySPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

> David Jensen wrote:
>
> > I found issues with gtk+ and glibc's after 20040701, 'minimum profit'
> > will not work, i tried many versions of gtk, glib, pango and atk.
> > Only reverting to glibc-2.3.4-20040701 corrected the glitch.  That
> > said,  the version for testing is  20040701 so i am not helping.
> >

> Actually, you are.  That's the one point I deviated from the book -
> albeit under duress.
>
> So, here's the question, is it just a matter of flipping it in place, or
>
> is my whole system borked?

Replacing glibc is tricky, but if you keep a backup of /lib and /usr/lib
and a boot medium handy so that you can always copy back the old libs, I
think it doesn't hurt to try. Just make sure that when you issue "make
install" for glibc you have only the bare minimum running.

MSB

--
No man is more pitiful than the one who looks to the shadows for warmth.