j2sdk and openoffice on latest unstable

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 21:47:43 PDT 2004

had some library linking problems.  My host [not sure when I built it,
but within the last month of unstable, and had X11R6 6.7.0] could
compile java just fine, but when it came to openoffice, it failed on
-lXinerama [jeremy told me it was a multiple head display extention
for X. (I may have misspelt it here)]

I rebuilt a new testsystem with the latest lfs unstable, and blfs, and
now java fails on -lXp.  [it exists on my host system in
/usr/X11R6/lib], and does not exist in my testing build.

I did find that Xinerama this time though.  [I did not attempt to
build openoffice without java though]

Just curious about what is going on.

[BTW, I'm compiling it with gcc 3.3.4, and binutils 2.15.  (just these
two, with gcc in /opt/gcc-3.3.4)].

--
Nathan Coulson (conathan)
------