x.org + GTK + Nvidia driver weird interaction?

Chris Macksey c_macksey at spamSPAMspamitySPAMhotmail.com
Sat Oct 23 08:39:27 PDT 2004

Jeremy Utley wrote:

  > Everything works just fine for me - to answer your questions, I'm using
> the 6111 version of the Nvidia driver, with Xorg 6.8.1.  The opts I
> passed to X are:
>
> -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -fno-strict-aliasing -march=athlon-xp
>
> I'm using the default configuration file for Xorg as established by X
> -configure, but replacing the nv driver with nvidia, otherwise, it's
> pretty much stock as generated by X-configure.

Alright, I'll do the same, except with no -march (I don't have an Athlon
XP, anyway :)

And, I'll upgrade the driver (again) to 6111.

I'm off to build!  Thanks for the help, everyone.  We'll see how it goes.