x.org + GTK + Nvidia driver weird interaction?

Chris Macksey c_macksey at spamSPAMspamitySPAMhotmail.com
Sat Oct 23 08:34:28 PDT 2004

Andrew Benton wrote:

  > I don't know about xorg, but it caused me problems with XFree86-4.4.0.
> At the end of the build I couldn't boot into Gnome. XFree86 works fine
> (with the current Nvidia driver) if I don't optimise it.

Well, I didn't have problems with -march using XFree86-4.3.0, but I'm
more than willing to give it a shot, since at this point the other
bogeyman is GLibC and I have nothing to lose :)  Besides, x.org is based
on the XFree86 4.4.0 codebase, so it would be fair to suspect the same
thing would apply.

I'll rebuild x.org with no -march and see how it fares.  I'll let you
know how it turns out...