x.org + GTK + Nvidia driver weird interaction?

GCZ geeceezee at free.fr
Sat Oct 23 07:33:05 PDT 2004

Chris Macksey wrote:

> * What version of the NVidia driver are you using, the latest or an
> older version?  I've tried both 5336 and 6111, but it would be nice to
> use one that at least has a chance of working?

I use the lastest: 61.11

> * Are you using AGPGART or NvAGP?
agpgart, compiled into the kernel (i.e. not as a module)

> * What driver options are you passing to the driver in your xorg.conf?
See attached xorg.conf.
Driver    "nvidia"
BusID     "PCI:3:0:0"
Option    "NoLogo"                "True"
Option    "RenderAccel"           "On"
Option    "CursorShadow"          "On"
Option    "NoBandWidthTest"       "On"
Option    "IgnoreDisplayDevices"  "TV"

I also load the RENDER and Composite extensions (although I don't think
any of my installed software uses it), without problems.

> * Which version of x.org are you using, standard 6.8.1, or something newer?
6.8.1.

> * Have you applied any custom patches to x.org?
None.

--
LFS ID: 7748