Short questions on DHCP

D.Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Sat Oct 23 04:44:37 PDT 2004

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, D.Moriarty wrote:
>

>>It is the first outing for the nic. I've not used it previously.
>
> For the avoidance of doubt, this is the same nic that works from
> windows, isn't it ?  With ntl set-top boxes the mac address gets
> registered during the setup, dunno if that's true for the cable modems.
>
> Ken

Yes, this nic works in windoze. Same mac address. AFAIK, the mac address
is significant. I have several nics lying about here. I was also
intending to set up an ne2000 clone, and then even tomsrtbt loads a
module and looks for DHCPOFFER. I believe the mac address can be set
under linux - how I forget.

--

         With Best Regards,

         Declan Moriarty