Cannot get ALSA to work; soundcard not found?

cedric at softhome.net cedric at softhome.net
Sat Oct 23 03:36:16 PDT 2004

On Friday 22 October 2004 21:45, Paul Lauria wrote:
> I have an Audigy 2 sound card (emu10k1 driver). Both the driver and ALSA
> are compiled within my 2.6.9 kernel, NOT as modules.

<snip>
> Any ideas - this worked in gentoo!!? I even created a modules.conf with
> the same contents, to no avail. Thanks for any help.

I have an audigy2, a kernel 2.6.7 with the alsa modules compiled-in and some
version of alsa (i have no idea how to get it to tell it's version)

This is build on LFS-5.1

Please tell me what you need, i'll be happy to provide it for you.

Regards,
Cedric
The only stupid question, is the one that isn't asked