x.org + GTK + Nvidia driver weird interaction?

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Fri Oct 22 21:10:26 PDT 2004

Chris Macksey wrote:

> So, I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have any ideas as to where
> I might go/what I might try from here?  Does anyone have the NVidia
> binary driver, x.org 6.8.1, and GTK+ 2.4.x working together?
>
> I can gladly send any information requested - xorg.conf, build
> options, etc.  I would certainly like to compare mine to those from
> someone's working system.
>
> ===============================
> Chris Macksey
> c_macksey at DONTspamMEhotmail.com

Chris - my first suggestion would be to disable the Render and Composite
extentions from your xorg.conf - those extentions are HIGHLY unstable,
and WILL give problems.  Also, make sure you have not over-optimized
your xorg compile - the problem you describe sounds suspiciously like
one I experienced a while back, and recompiling xorg at -O2 instead of
-O3 solved it immediately for me.

-J-