x.org + GTK + Nvidia driver weird interaction?

GCZ geeceezee at free.fr
Fri Oct 22 17:41:31 PDT 2004

Chris Macksey wrote:

> So, I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have any ideas as to where I
> might go/what I might try from here?  Does anyone have the NVidia binary
> driver, x.org 6.8.1, and GTK+ 2.4.x working together?

I do. Although some things probably need to be fixed in the driver, I
have had several issues with certain versions of GTK+. All I can tell,
is that version 2.4.10 of GTK+ is the only one since several releases
that seems to work without problems. That's also the case on my laptop,
which has an i830M graphical chipset and thus doesn't use nvidia's driver.

Try uninstalling GTK+; check that no GTK+ file remains on your system
after 'make uninstall' (I noticed that libgtk-x11-2.0.so* still remained
in /usr/lib sometimes), then build and install version 2.4.10. It might
solve your issues.

--
LFS ID: 7748