Missing /dev/fb/0

Aaron BRICE aaron.brice at st.com
Fri Oct 22 15:17:46 PDT 2004

I am trying to use the "fbdev" device in XF86Config on an LFS
installation I did a long time ago..  However, when I run it, it
complains that /dev/fb0 does not exist.  I'm using devfs with kernel
CONFIG_FB=y
CONFIG_FB_VESA=y
CONFIG_FB_I810=m

When I boot the system there's just an empty /dev/fb/ directory.  I
tried to modprobe the i810fb module, which worked, but still no devices.
  Any advice?  The system is a Dell SX260 which has the integrated i810
graphics on it.  The i810 driver works in the XF86Config so I know
that's the correct device, but I need to get the fbdev driver working.

Thanks,
Aaron