heimdal & krb5

ilja ilja at orange.net
Thu Oct 21 05:00:36 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm updating (re-installing) LFS-BLFS from 5.0 to 5.1 and noticed the added
security packages Heimdal and MIT krb 5 in BLFS 5.1. I'm not really familiar
with those packages so I was hoping somebody could advise me on what to do.
I'm using LFS on a gateway, an internal mail/file/dns-dhcp server and a
workstation in a small bussiness (15 pc's).
As both are free implementations of Kerberos 5 I can assume I only need one
of both (right?), but further I want to know if they are a 'must' for
increased general network security or just an option.

Pardon my ignorance.

regards,

ilja