Did anybody figure out why one has to recompile freetype and fontconfig before KDE will work?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 20 17:45:57 PDT 2004

Subject says it all I guess.

I too was unable to get KDE to start (version 3.3.0 in my case, with
qt-3.3.3). I tried to recompile freetype and fontconfig as suggested and
that made it work alright. Does anybody have a clue why that might be?

As far as a guess goes: I compiled freetype and fontconfig before I
compile Xorg. I wonder if that has got anything to do with it.

I'd be interested to find out what might have been the cause of it.

--
Gerard Beekmans