NTL and their probs --> DHCP

D.Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Tue Oct 19 03:27:41 PDT 2004

Archaic wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 09:51:31AM +0100, D.Moriarty wrote:
>

>>They just  hadn't trained him which part of a pc you type on.
>>

>Thanks for the best laugh I've had in awhile! :)

Want a better one?

I have 2 e-mail addresses with NTL of importance, and I rang their Tech
support to see if I caould change them from dialup, as they were just
likely to do things to dialup addresses. I enquired on cable modem help
and was told they would get someone technical to ring back.

They had the wrong username in for me (from which all e-mail addresses
hang). This was because someone in "HELP" overwrote my account some time
back to sort out someone who had "Lost" their account. So we went
hunting for my e-mail addresses:

declan.moriarty@ (this one) they said they had
tech.genius@ ( for hardware) - that was "gone". It didn't exist on the
system
but they didn't have the username under which these were added :-)).
When they overwrote my account, I ended up with a very dodgy username
because everything was 'taken'

As the call proceeded, it became clear she wasn't there, but had a relic
of dialup information on a windows box which responded less and less
every time she tried to find something out.

I picked up mail as usual this morning - don't ask me, but it came in.
That was their 'technical' help. This is 'Rafferty's Motor Car' with
computers.

My son Conan gave me a reccomendation to gmail.com, and I am also now at
declan DOT moriarty AT  gmail DOT com, which will probably be the most
reliable place to find me for the next week. This is google's beta
webmail server. You currently can only get on by reccomendation.

    With Best Regards,

    Declan Moriarty.