Compiling NetHack - Falcon's Eye

Hans Malissa hans.malissa at jku.at
Mon Oct 18 00:39:15 PDT 2004

Hi!

I was trying to compile and run "Falcon's Eye", a graphical version of
NetHack on LFS/BLFS.
I downloaded Falcon's Eye, and compiled it following the instructions from

http://falconseye.sourceforge.net/compile.html

This worked fine, it gave me no error messages. I didn't customize the
sys/unix/Install.unx file.
Now the game is compiled in some strange directory, but when I try to run it
I get

[compiled/games]$ ./nethack
......................ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1055:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open /dev
snd/pcmC0D0p failed: Device or resource busy
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
[compiled/games]$

Obviously, something's wrong. What do I need to do different?

/hans